Saturday, February 6, 2010

My 1st COMPLETE Sewing Project!

And it only took me two days to complete it!!  I'm so excited!!  Here's my new tote.  She's a lil bit shallow, so she'd be good to take to the market, and maybe the library.....  Don't think she'll be able to hold too many groceries.


This isn't the greatest picture of her, but it's insanely sunny out (despite the snow) and there's a funky shadow in pretty much every corner of our apartment.  But I have a "twin" to work on next.  'Cept she'll have a blue body with orange reinforcement on the bottom.  By the way, not a big fan of the straps.......like at all.  If I didn't have such a weird o.c.d. about me, I would try putting the straps on from the inside, but since I've already claimed the fact that there will be twins, they'll both have the straps on the outside.....  Guess I'll just keep that tid bit tucked away in back for the next time.  I don't think she turned out too shabby though, especially for a beginner, but lets not test if it's square, nor if my lines are straight :-o  oops!

I should be hopping the shower soon.  Adam and I are heading to Fort Wayne this evening to check out some art and jazz at a Ft. Wayne Downtown Improvement District event.  Should be fun.  It's just a real bummer that we have to travel an hour to get stuff like this.  Goodness, I can't wait 'til we're out of Warsaw.

1 comment:

mom said...

Looks Good! By the way twins don't have to be identical. I'ld try the straps on the inside just to see which works best so when you want to make them for "gifts" you will know which way you like the best!!
By the way how was Ft. Wayne? Also don't forget my phone #!?!