Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dulces for my Sweet

Yesterday, Adam and I celebrated our Valentine's Day.  Seemed a lot more practical to do it yesterday, than today.  Sundays are a day of relaxation.  But I don't like my evenings to be crammed with much.  That way I don't get all riled up and have issues going to bed.

Any who, we decided this year to make a "fancy" dinner at home.  We ended up making shrimp scampi, roasted fennel and pancetta salad, and creme brulee!  PS- worst job ever would have to be peeling and deveining shrimp.......yuck!!!  It was super delish!!  And despite having agreed to not get eachother gifts, the silly boy got me some spring flowers and a Moleskin City Journal.  If you don't know what that is, it equals amazingness.  I don't want to spend my time just blogging about that today.  So maybe I'll dive into it later this week.

But dinner was a success!  We even got dressed up, as in I wore a dress, and Adam put on a shirt and tie, and pretended we were at a restaurant.  It was great!  And the "restaurant" had a stellar house band.  Thank goodness Dave Brubeck was in the area.  It was great!

And today, I baked!!

These golden treasures would have to be my newest favorite cookie.  It combines all of my favorite things: peanut butter, the texture of oatmeal, and GINGER!!!  Oh yes, that's right, I said GINGER!!!  They get a double dose of it, ground ginger and the ever delightful crystallized ginger.  I found the recipe by chance here.  But instead of being called "Ginger-Touched Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies", it should be Ginger-Kissed.....as in kissed by heaven!!  The pieces of crystallized ginger get all chewy and melty.  One bite, and they just make you smile.  But enough of my rant over my new sin.  You all just need to make them yourselves.  They're best right out of the oven :)  These will be made again.  No doubt about it!!!

Hope everyone has/had a great Valentine's Day with their loved ones!  I know I did!  :D

1 comment:

mom said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! Wish you did this much cooking and baking when you were at home!! I spent much of the weekend with my "sweetheart"--last nite, to church this am and supper this pm. Just to make sure anyone who reads this, my "sweetheart" is my 2 1/2 yr old grandson!