Saturday, January 30, 2010

Another relaxing Saturday

I think I'm becoming a home-body.  And getting spoiled by these weekends of not having any plans.  It's very relaxing.

Adam and I did do a little bit today, but nothing too "productive".  We stopped at this little consignment shop in town.  And of course, we found something neat.


This bowl we found is orange, purple, and like a transparent gold glass.  We have it on our table turned upside down with a string of Christmas lights tucked inside. Makes a nice lamp, with a very warm glow.

Then a stop to the library, a few things at the grocery store, and a trip to LOWERY'S!!!  After checking out quick a few sewing books from the library, I finally found a project that I liked, and was actually going out to get the materials to make it.  BUT, silly me, I got the wrong amount of material :(  So I just adjusted my pattern a little bit.

This is what I got done so far today. It's going to be a re-usable grocery tote!  I got enough two colors of fabric, and will be making two of these things.  They'll just be a squattier shape due to the previous mentioned error.  Oops!!  Oh well.  If I don't like them, I can give them as gifts ;)

2 comments:

Diane in Nashville said...

I love the bowl!!!! You are so "crafty" and I am jealous. :)

Jonelle said...

don't let my blog fool you.....i just "attempt" alot of projects because i get easily bored.....and i have this nasty habit of not always finishing them : \