Friday, January 9, 2009

Props to a Great Cook!

This post isn't about one of my new recipes I tried out. Instead, it's about giving kudos to someone who deserves it. And that would have to go to Michele Gross. This story starts with another "a while back ago, Adam and I were" *fill in the blank*. We decided we wanted to be lazy one evening, and found a lil crock of goodies in the pantry. It was full of spices and seasoning, pasta, beans and lentils, and it had a name: Country Soup. I believe the lil crock had roots back to Adam's college days, as I vaguely remember seeing it on his shelf in the kitchen at his fraternity house. But we pulled out the crock, added several items to it as called out per Michele's directions, and a few extras like some shredded up cooked chicken, and what else I don't exactly remember. But it was delish!

The lil crock fed us for several meals, and it's one of those things that was better after sitting for a day. So Michele, if you have any other mixin's like the country soup, send 'em to Warsaw, I'll definitely be your guinea pig, and test out any of your recipes!!....... Especially if you'd ever feel like sending us a Dobos Torte...... :)

1 comment:

Tiger Fan said...

OH WOW!!!! I was so thrilled and touched to read your post!! I am glad you liked the soup!!!!!!!!!I cannot begin to tell you how much this meant to read your post. You know I will be glad to send you more!!!!!!!We are looking forward to seeing you next weekend. Thanks for making my day--my weekend---my year!!